Hello, founders! 👋 Here´s another dose of tips from Web Summit. We´ve collected tips and insights on what makes you a great founder and leader of your start-up from session with Daniel Yanisse (Co-founder & CEO at Checkr), Daniela Braga (Founder at Defined.ai) and moderated by Dan Milmo (Global Technology Editor at The Guardian).
- when founding a start-up, you have to be dedicated and believe in what you´re doing,
- find a problem, a gap and a need,
- pitch your ideas to people you know,
- find a network, be creative and find a solution to raise money so that you can sponsor your company, especially when moving and founding your start-up in another country, plus – get a lawyer,
- be persistent, even if you hear "no" many times,
- never be arrogant,
- adapt – the only constant thing in life is change, you will have to adapt every week; in the life of founder, you should expect change all the time,
- be humble that we´re always learning and build your knowledge though,
- be customer centric, it´s great to build a product based on you needs, but validate your idea with external customers, real people & real companies,
- customers change their mind, so you have to adapt all the time.
And we add few more:
- Take care of your team and yourself from the mental health perspective
- Lead by example
- Take the risk
We can help you to become not only great, but also successful start-up founders. Seize the opportunity to enroll in our acceleration programs. Currently, applications are being accepted for the Spring Accelerator 2024. Act quickly, as the deadline is March 7. Don't delay – apply now.